Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ultimate outfit day.

The Devil Wears Prada was on last night. Jeeze the clothes in that movie make me happy. This is my ultimate outfit.

I want an ultimate outfit day. A day once a month, or even year that’s dedicated to wearing your ultimate outfit. The hottest thing you got happening in your wardrobe. At that time. In that season. For whatever mood you’re in. And then everyone can send in photos of their ultimate outfit. It will be a project. A blog. A flip book. A day.

On this day when people ask you why you’ve dressed up, or down, instead of saying I felt like it you get to say ‘It’s ultimate outfit day, didn’t you know??'

It’ll give the people who don’t work in a fashion to look like they do, and the people who work in suits a chance to express themselves. And if everyone’s doing it. No one looks like a goose. And no ones embarrassed to sit with you at lunchtime. And instead of getting weird looks down the street people will smile and nod.

You shouldn't need an excuse to wear what you want. But, sometimes you feel a little self-conscious and you just do.

I’ll workshop this and see what I can do.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lurve the idea Fran-I would do it!!

Community College said...

i always want to do this, and then go to do it and realise i have to carry my fucking laptop to work in a BACKPACK and decide that backpack with hot dress look is shittttt. Back to regulation tee and sneakers, booooooo.