Monday, October 13, 2008

Earrings.


I lose them all the time. I use to lose them in boys swags and now they just fall out of my handbag while I’m searching for my keys. I’ve even lost a pair down my cleavage. You’d think I’d get those back. But no.

I have only one solution for such a problem. Diva.

I just can’t afford to buy expensive earings. I walk past Husk and dream of the day when I can drop $300 on a pair of silver dangles. But until then I’ll be heading to the trusty pink toilet sized store on Chapel/Bourke/Chaddy/Melb Central (and all around Australia) where earrings cost anywhere between $9 to $20.

Sometimes it’s hard going into these stores. They are always cluttered and everything looks tacky hanging from the plastic fittings under fluro lights. But, rest assured among all the trash is treasure. You just have to know what to look for.

The above are my trusty pieces for this season. And the leaf pair, I lost and went and bought again (except in gold).

Everyone is different in their earring selection but it’s a great stop for classic pieces like hoops, pearls and even silver and wooden bangles on a budget.


Don’t be put off by the disco tunes and the ten 15 yr olds hogging the mirror. Just get in there and rummage around.

You have your mission. Go forth and conquer.

No comments: