Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lapping up the red lips.

In the past I have often wondered where peoples lips have gone. Covered in bronzer, nude lipstick and sometimes even cover-up, lips have been doing a disappearing act. Not anymore.

Being a big fan of natural coloured lips with a touch of gloss I’ve never really got stuck into red lipstick. Apart from raiding Mums collection for the odd dress up party. But, on the weekend I found myself reaching for her collection of paint with no particular costume in mind.

And my advice to you is to get on board. Red lipstick is to summer what the leather jacket was to winter. A wardrobe staple. It goes with anything.

But what it doesn’t go with is a white face. No china dolls this season. Sunkissed skin is a must to pull of this look.



Images thanks to People and Primped.

1 comment:

Lucinda said...

So true, and nobody does it better than Scarlett Johansson!